SC - OT- Cooks in the family, gentlemen of the list

Wed Jan 13 06:33:01 PST 1999

> Just having cooked dinner at my home, I was wondering how many "gentlemen
> of the list" do the cooking for their families?
>
> > That's a start.  I have to go and cook supper.  Until later.
> >
> > Bear
>
>  I really don't mind and it sort of lets me relieve the stresses of the
> modern working world.  My father and his generation don't seem to
> understand the modern household,  "that's a woman's
> work" I've heard him mutter.
>
> Henri

Obviously your father was unfamiliar with "bull cooks" and mess sergeants.
For me cooking was a practical matter.  At 14, I was the staff cook for a
Boy Scout camp.  At 40, I got married for the first time.  In between, I
spent 20 odd years taking care of myself.  Marriage didn't change my habits,
it just allowed my wife the advantage of them.

Bear