SC - Yorkish Holes

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Jan 19 10:06:06 PST 1999

>Hey! I'm still getting over the Yorkish Hole debacle! What's a sweat
>sauce? Is that something that contains sugar? I assume so, but you
>never know... .
>
>Adamantius
>Østgardr, East

Not a debacle at all!  The gentleman sent me his documentation (very
long, but worth reading, I suggest asking him for a direct mailing rather
than posting here) and it was wonderful!  I am very interested in his
further studies of Chinese woven, scented, and dyed toilet paper for the
Imperial family!  Not only that, but I have all of the books in his
bibliography on my shelves, and have seen the reconstruction of the very
hole and cesspit that his work was based on, during my recent trip to
York this past fall.  All in all, incredibly interesting!
Christianna ;)