SC - French recipes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jan 6 22:54:52 PST 1999

Jean asked:
> I am looking for Period French recipes. Does anyone have any
> ideas were to start looking or some of your own?

We have discussed various cookbooks with French recipes in them on
this list. You might check these files in the FOOD section of my
Florilegium files for the reviews of some of these cookbooks that
I've saved. Unfortunately, I don't remember which of these files
is likely to be your best one to look in:

cookbooks-bib     (32K)  4/21/97    Cookbook bibliography by Jaelle of Armida.
cookbooks2-bib    (14K) 10/ 3/97    Cookbook bibliography by Stephen Bloch.
cookbooks3-bib    (20K) 10/14/98    Cookbook bibliography by Lady Allison.

cookbooks-msg     (98K) 11/13/98    Reviews of cookbooks with medieval recipes.
                                       Messages posted before September 1995.
cookbooks2-msg    (96K) 11/13/98    Reviews posted between 9/95 and 11/97.
cookbooks3-msg    (61K) 11/13/98    Reviews posted after 11/97.

I also have a number of recipes in this section, many of which were
given on this list, but they are organised by type of dish rather
than by region.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: