SC - Re: Eat well, well to do?

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Sun Jan 10 13:01:52 PST 1999

In a message dated 1/9/1999 11:14:13 PM Mountain Standard Time,
snowfire at mail.snet.net writes:

<< It is certainly alien to us to hunt deer as you do over here.  It takes a
bit of
 getting used to when you hear about it here, but I understand that there is
an
 overpopulation of deer in the U.S., so culling is necessary? >>

Definitely out here in Wyoming, because even with the reintroduction of some
predators (wolves) and the continued presence of others (coyotes, cougars,
bears)  the population gets high enough that the land won't support them even
with the large amounts of open space we have.  This situation is made worse by
the fact that we have two types of deer, elk and pronghorn antelope competing
for the same food sources.

Noemi
Windkeep Outlands
Cheyenne Wyoming