SC - Questions for the list...

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jan 20 22:55:54 PST 1999

Zoe Valonin the spice trader asked:

> 2.One of the site restrictions is  no ground fires. On of the classes being
> held is Adapting Period Recipes for Open Fire/Dutch Oven Cooking  any idea
> how this can be done with out violating the no ground fires rule?

A fire in a raised grill such as the tripods I've seen that hold a metal
saucer that you build your fire in would not violate the no-ground fires
rule, as only the three legs rest on the ground. These could easily be
used for an open fire or a Dutch Oven Cooking class. For that matter, I
think one of the cheap charcoal BBQ grills would work for this also.

Another solution would be a class which was strictly a lecture class format
with no demonstration of cooking itself.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html ****