SC - Grits Purity

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jan 29 20:21:30 PST 1999

Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> I have served grits with a variety of meats and gravies and sauces, sweets and
> condiments, too.   It makes an excellent side dish, like rice or polenta or
> mashed potatoes.   My favorite way of eating it, though, is as the main dish
> with salt and butter, perhaps with a slice or two of crisp bacon or a fried
> egg on the side.  Many of my relatives seem to delight in how many things they
> can smash into their grits, (yes, Ras, including ketchup) but I am a purist.
>
> Mordonna

I'm a proponent of the fried egg school, myself, on the rare occasions I
eat grits, and I have a weakness for cheese grits for Sunday brunch.
(But hey, dim sum they ain't.)

This entire discussion is making a repeat viewing of "My Cousin Vinny"
virtually mandatory for me... .

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy