SC - Coronation feast.

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Jan 11 13:23:21 PST 1999

Greetings Y'all,

I felt that people may be wondering what is being served at Our
Coronation feast.

So....

 FEAST:

 OPENERS
 Cameline and mustard
 sauces on each table
 Assorted breads and butters.

 1st Course
 Roast beef
 Red cabbage with onions and leeks
 Noodles with butter and cheese
 Chick peas
 Spiced Apple Slices

 2nd Course
 Chicken in ginger sauce
 Almond rice
 Green peas with herbs
 Frumenty
 Cuskinolds

 3rd Course
 Pork sausage pie with cheese topping
 Carrots with honey and herbs
 Salat - vinagrette dressing
 Blancmange
 Ginger cheese tart

No, Ras, I don't have documentation/recipes. The feast is being cooked by Mistress
Rhiannon. I had some input over it but after the third change I'd made and she began
to get a bit twitchy I shut up and got out of her way.

It doesn't look too bad. I would probably have balanced things a little differently
but a pretty decent looking spread that even Sara may eat.

Another note: Last weekend we attend the Laurel ceremony of Rosario de Carbona for
his prowess in cooking. I never even got the chance to say more than hello to the
gentleman. Well, the week after Coronation we will be having a feast by him in his
home barony so perhaps we can speak then. I'll see what I can do about getting him
on the list. He is just beginning to discover period foods and hopefully he will
now pursue them more fervently. He is a very good cook.

Yers,

Gunthar

(PS. Any plans for Cooks stuff at Gulf Wars?)