SC - "cabelho" fish recipe?

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Sat Jul 3 01:32:37 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/3/99 12:42:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
orion at mailbag.com writes:

<<  I am planning on getting 25 to 50 lbs of flour
 and baking 'till it's gone...  I am just wondering if anyone else has any
 suggestions... >>
	Woof! And I thought the castle-shaped wedding cake I did a few years
back was a production! Well, the only thing that comes to mind right away is
a sweet bread I did from a mundane cookbook once. I don't remember the
details--or which book!--off the top of my head (Something's saying it was
filled with marzipan?), but the shape would be nice--it was a dove in flight.
This was a large bread--I had trouble finding a baking sheet big enough to
hold it--so you wouldn't want to do more than one or two. But it *would* make
a good centerpiece....... If you bake the beak a bit open, by using a twist
of foil, you can put a sprig of herbs in its mouth for a nice touch. And if
you are *really* gung ho, you could even stick sliced almonds on with egg
wash for feathers........! ;-)

			Ldy Diana