SC - Hummus and Other Questionably Period Foods

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Mon Jul 5 15:22:22 PDT 1999

FYI:

there are currently two 'joint ventures' aiming to produce electronic
texts of important German cookbooks:

- -- Marx Rumpolt 1581: Martina Grasse
- -- Anna Wecker 1598: Valoise Armstrong

These projects are meant to provide a reliable edition of the original
text, in the long run together with translations/redactions of parts of
the text that are noteworthy in some respect. The most important and
laborious part of the work is done by Martina Grasse and Valoise
Armstrong, to whom I should like to thank publicly in the name of
culinary historians and historians of language.

If the readers of the SCA-list don't mind I (the proofreader and
webmaster of the projects) will 'publish' the sections as we go along
and post short notes about our progress now and then.

Enjoy,
Thomas