SC - Re: "cruel food"

Weaver8002@aol.com Weaver8002 at aol.com
Mon Jul 5 16:56:24 PDT 1999

At 7:01 PM -0400 7/5/99, LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

(about Margaret Mead)

>The controversy on this issue still rages on. The person who repeated her
>work and supposedly 'debunked' it, went into the islands long after Christian
>influences were the norm in the islands and the people Mead had interviewed
>were dead.

I was reading up a little on this recently, and I am fairly sure that
statement is false. Freeman (?) was there a decade or two after Mead, for a
much longer period than she was, and his sources included one of the two
girls who had supposedly misled Mead. In any case, Mead's work was done in
the early twenties, the critic published a decade or two ago describing
work he had done over an extended period previous to that, so there simply
isn't enough time for all the people Mead had interviewed to have died.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/