SC - Turkish Breakfast - Suggestions Anyone?

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Tue Jul 6 02:23:07 PDT 1999

>Specifically about chickens: Caesar did write that chickens were not
eaten by the particular Gauls he dealt with in the Gallic uprisings in,
what, roughly 60 B.C.E.? He may have been wrong, or he may have been
simply speaking of a very specific group or caste. On the other hand, he
also said that chickens were kept, just not eaten by the group in
question. This is a tough call to make, but the possibility also exists
that Ms. Green is no more (nor no less) qualified to judge the
significance of chicken bones in a midden than Caesar was.

Did he mention whether the eggs were eaten ? Having eaten some of my free
range chickens, I don't tend to bother now, there is very little on them so
maybe that is why they weren't eaten ?

Mel