SC - Re: "cruel food"

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Tue Jul 6 02:17:13 PDT 1999

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

> We saw a billboard today that said "Jesus was a vegetarian.  Visit us at
> www.jesusveg.com to hear more".  I have not visited the site, but it did
> get me thinking.  Is there actual scripture that implies that he did not
> eat meat?
> 	Christianna

No, there is not. But there are people that believe that Jesus was a
mamber of either the Nazarite or Essene sects, both of which eat no meat.
That is conjecture however, as there is no textual evidence to base the
allegation on.

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
- -
'A Vaillans Coeurs Riens Impossible'
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731