SC - Turkish Breakfast - Suggestions Anyone?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 13:01:44 PDT 1999

Greetings, all:

I received the following missive from my beloved husband, Herr Manfred von
Wolf:

"Hey honey... can you post to the SCA-Cooks list and ask them for
documentation of a period side-board feast (late period should be when they
were doing these)?  You can post my email address for straight replies...
tell them I don't subscribe."

It seems he has gone and volunteered to prepare a feast for an upcoming
event; this is an area in which I am of absolutely no help to him. His idea,
as you see, is to do it as a sideboard (buffet?). I know this is frequently
done at events simple for ease of service; however, he would like to do
something that is documentable, if possible.

If anyone has suggestions for sources on a) the serving of food on a
"sideboard" or b) the types of foods that might be typical in such an
arrangement, your thoughts will be most gratefully received. Please respond
to mailto:jwolf at bisys.com .

Thank you ever so much,

Mistress Teleri ferch Pawl (who's not much of a cook, alas!)
Barony of the Stargate
Ansteorra