SC - tagine?

lilinah@grin.net lilinah at grin.net
Wed Jul 14 12:39:42 PDT 1999

i think this is a great idea!  I am by no means a pro, and at least I can
claim to know some differences (roasting vs baking) but would definately be
interested in hearing more.

So on Roasting vs Baking: just to clarify:
 I always believed roasting fit under things like on the grill, where the
coals are very hot then cool down to a standard temp, rotissery, like the
ovens you see where they are heated very hot then turned down to rotate and
baste in juices, and spits (open flame?), or in oven with varying temps and
a cover, whether it be in a roasting pan or oven bag.

baking was done in oven with constant temperature. no cover.

Am I missing something? Is my dyslexia kicking in again?
Shari Burnham
aka Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis
"Aim for the stars.  But first, Aim for their bodyguards."