SC - Pre-Columbian foods

Ben Engelsberg bengels at chronic.lpl.arizona.edu
Thu Jul 15 14:49:23 PDT 1999

Drinking in skulls used as goblets is one of the oldest uses on the
world. On the floor of several prehistoric caves archeologists and
palentologists found many human skulls. To same of them the conclusion
was our prehistoric ancestors were cannibals and ate enemies or old
people from the same tribe.
To others the conclusion was other: since at that time nobody knew how
to use leather or clay to use as recipients (it were the biggest
innovations from the Neolithic Revolution), they discovered the skulls
were wonderful recipients to bring water from the watersources. The
skulls were not buried, but used as cheap and endurable glasses.
I tend to accept the last explanation as the most plausible.
In the book "Dark Nature" the naturalist Lyall Watson explores this
issue.
Ana, glad to be back. Nederlands was too hot...

- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster
http://www.algonet.se/~agora/ada Nättidning för kvinnor och män med
humor