SC - cookery books

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Jul 18 13:46:51 PDT 1999

I have just returned from a trip to Boston and on the way home we stopped at
Sturbridge Village.  I must say that Sturbridge Village was wonderfully done.
 Everyone was knowledgable and I had a great time.  On the way out of the
place we stopped at the bookstore and my husband gifted me with the following
books:   (What a nice man)
Phillipa
PS  How can you tell if a book is any good? For example, the booklet:
_Pilgrim Recipes_ says to put a roasted meat dish on a bed of lettuce.  They
had lettuce?  Elsewhere in the book they mention brown sugar.  Brown sugar
was invented??

_The Medieval Kitchen_
Recipes from France and Italy
Odile Redon