SC - Re: Sensible Cook, bison meat

Devra@aol.com Devra at aol.com
Mon Jul 19 19:31:41 PDT 1999

- --- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
wrote:
> > I know that one has already been translated and I
> have
> > a copy of it in my collection.  It was published
> under
> > the title "The Sensible Cook"
> >
> > Huette
> >
> Would you please post the bibliographic information.
>  Bear

Verstandige kok. [English]
  The Sensible cook : Dutch foodways in the Old and
the New World / translated and edited by Peter G. Rose
; foreword by Charles T. Gehring.  1st ed.  Syracuse,
NY : Syracuse University Press, 1989.
  xx, 142 p.

Translation of: De verstandige kok.

I purchased my copy 5 or 6 years ago from Edward
Hamilton.  The editor [who is female by the way]
does some redactions and gives both the original
recipe and her redaction.

Huette