SC - request for info

Fri Jul 23 13:59:10 PDT 1999

I the same book by Notaker I took the references to the Danish Cookbook
by Harperenge, I found another comments about an Arabic cookbook,
written in Bagdad 1266. He says the manuscript is enterely translated to
English. He describes a recipe with meat and granatapple.
The name is Jurjaniya.
You, allknowing people, where is the manuscript? Is it published as a
book? Can someone tell me the name of the book and where can I buy it?

Jurjanijas recipe:

Cut the meat in small pieces. Put it in a saucepan with water and salt.
Cut onion in small pieces. When the water is boiling, add the onion
together with cylanter, peppar, ginger and fine grounded cinnamon. If it
wishes, its possible to add hacked walnuts. Stir until all is cooked.
Take off the seed from a granatapple and from black grapes, mash all
together and pass it for a strainer. Add to the pan together with
vinegar. Add hacked sweet almonds. When the food is almost ready, add
sugar after taste. Powder the pan with a handfull raisins and little
drops from rosewater.

I can guess its doesn`t matter what kind of meat you use, lamb or
chicken or veal.

Yours
Ana

- --