SC - jurjaniya meat

Wajdi a14h at zebra.net
Sun Jul 25 15:03:35 PDT 1999

Laura C. Minnick wrote:

"We are too pre-occuppied with:contests, classes, A&S displays, Coronations,
meetings etc., only one of which is really period (and that usually only
marginally) but all of which fill up our event time. I don't know if I've
ever been to a feast that was just a feast, witht the exception of one I
co-cratted years ago. There is also the issue of site avilability, hours,
the number of folks who day-trip and want to be back in their cars by 11,
and courts that go on and on and on with little consideration for the
populace or the cooks. Until we stop thinking that every moment must be
filled and that every event must have X-number of activities, that's the way
it will remain."

This is just the sort of things we will be looking at.  I would love to hear
about the experience you had co-cratting the above mentioned feast.  I agree
with you that we are jam packing our events with stuff to do, and one of the
things I would like to accomplish is to try to offer an alternative to the
sort of ADD SCA experience that some events offer.  I know that there are
certain constraints inherent in trying to tag a huge feast undertaking on to
an already busy event, and it may be that a grand scale feast might of
necessity be an event of its own.  That's another item we will be looking
into, and in the end, may be one of the things which prevents us from doing
this.  But it never hurts to try and to ask questions.

Rhiannon C.