SC - medieval feast in Visby, Gotland

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Sun Jul 25 17:49:33 PDT 1999

I want share with you my dissapointing. Was  in a medieval feast in
Visby, Gotland, Swedens oldest city, with walls from the 11th century
and a lot of middleage churches. A very beutiful town indeed. But
totally exploited and full with tourists in summer. Medieval
tournements, dinners, conserts. I was invited to eat a "typical
middleage dinner". Porkchops in honey, sweet, bland and with no any
spices. Bread with cummin, boring taste and bad texture. Cabbage in
gravy, canded apples. Not any mead, which is the traditionally drink
here in Scandinavia. Only bad Spanish wine. And it costed 50 dollars per
person, a real theft, my friends!

Ana, dissapointed
- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster