SC - Thanks for pomegranate chicken info!

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 00:48:35 PDT 1999

Rhiannon asked:
> Has anyone out there done a real medieval feast? (As opposed to an SCA
> feast) I am looking to get together with a few other local SCA cooks while
> everyone else is at Pennsic, and look into the feasibility of producing an
> authentic medieval feast.

You are thinking of doing this during NEXT year at Pennsic and not this year,
right? Or do you just mean to start talking about it during Pennsic. If the
latter is the case and you will be doing it at a time other than Pennsic, I
have to ask just how far into Meriedies are you? And how do I get tickets? :-)

Perhaps the report of this feast which was done in Lochac can give you some
ideas. It seems to be much closer to what you are looking for than most SCA
feasts. I'm sure you are aware that this will be a very labor instensive
project.
Good-Fd-Feast-art (26K)  3/30/98    Description of a fancy feast done in Lochac.

I think you also might get some good ideas from this file:
Kentwell-Hall-art (25K)  6/25/98    A period kitchen at a Living History site.

And from this file:
p-menus-msg       (15K)  1/ 6/99    Examples of medieval feast menus.

These files are all in the FEASTS section of my Florilegium.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****