SC - Fish soup/stew

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Mon Jul 26 22:15:03 PDT 1999

Boudicca nia inghen Siol Lhiannon asked:

> I am new to the list. I come from the Shire of Mare Amethystinum in the
> Principality of Northshield.
> I am feastocratting for the first time in October. The theme is Viking and I
> would like to do a rich hearty fish stew or soup as one of the removes. What
> I would like to know is A) does anyone out there have a good recipe? B)if
> potatos are not period, what would I use for body in the soup? Barley?

You might want to look through this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium
and see if any of the recipes in here are to your liking:
soup-msg         (114K)  5/10/99    Medieval soups. Cooking soups at events.
                                       recipes.

I'm afraid I can't remember if I put any fish soups in that file or if they
would be in one of these two files, also in that section:
seafood-msg       (37K) 11/17/98    Medieval non-fish seafood. Recipes.
fish-msg         (208K)  4/22/99    Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the SCA.

You might also be interested in this file in the FOOD section:
fd-Norse-msg      (23K)  7/17/98    Norse and Viking food.

Or this one in the NORSE section:
Norse-food-art     (8K)  7/26/94    Article on what the Norse ate.

I would be interested in seeing additional fish/seafood soups that I
don't already have in my files.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: