SC - cod and parrottongues

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Tue Jul 27 11:36:29 PDT 1999

My copy of apicius (giacosa) has a recipe for roasted flamingo or parrot
(Apicius 232), but nothing for parrot-tongue.  However, the commentary refers to
tongue in the following: "...flamingos were said to have been slaughtered for
their tongues or brains alone (Historia Augusta, Heliogabalus 20, 6: Pliny,
Naturalis historia 10, 133; and Martial 13, 71)."

wajdi