SC - spikenard

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 08:09:16 PDT 1999

I wonder if I can find some help here with a spice named spikenard, or
"Nard from Spayn". I tried to find some information in Stefans
Florilegium, but I am afraid I have the wrong URL. I came only to the
page with plain text messages, but not to the one classified in
different topics. The url I used was this one:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/cookbooks-msg.html.

Can some you mail me the right URL or/and inform me about the spikenard.
It should be a spice to make the Hippocras. But the question is: is it a
root from Indien or is it the Spanish "nardo", a fleshy and bitter
flower?
Thank you in advance
Ana
- --