private-Re: SC - Polish spice question

David Dendy ddendy at silk.net
Wed Jul 28 22:43:02 PDT 1999

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> << So, maybe the Ingalls family wouldn´t have been so sad if they had had
>  another name to call the swan by.
> Possibly, but then again it wouldn't have made a very good politically
> correct and inaccurate show either.

I don't think that little incident made it into the show, Ras. It was in,
um, IIRC, _On the Shores of Silver Lake_. And the show was only marginally
accurate vis-a-vis the books...

'Lainie
(whose mother named her after Laura Ingalls, because her 4th grade teacher
read the books out loud in class, back when they were relatively new,
'round 50 years ago...)
- -
Laura C. Minnick
- -
'A Vaillans Coeurs Riens Impossible'
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731