SC - Real feasts?

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 09:42:04 PDT 1999

I've never tried using a herald, but I did an Althing feast where the
arrival each course was announced by the blare of a horn.  It was an
interesting effect

For a late medieval feast, I could easily see a herald announcing the dishes
of a course to tables, possibly with a short spiel about the virtues of the
dish.  The problem with this is, as Ras said, finding someone who can and
will do the heralding.  The idea appeals to my sense of feast as theater,
and I think, properly done, it would help reinforce decorum.

Bear