SC - Turkish Breakfast - Suggestions Anyone?

Anne of Bradford rdwlist at micronet.net
Sun Jul 4 15:19:53 PDT 1999

Violente writes:

>One Persian dish I enjoy is called Kukuye, where miscellaneous
vegetable
>is sauteed with garlic, pepper, salt, and maybe parsley, paprika, or
>cinnamon; then beaten eggs are poured over the vegetable while still in

>the skillet...

Many thanks!  Do you think along with all the veggies, some cheese could
be thrown in?  More like the modern omelettes, to cater a bit to the
grumpy fighters on Sunday Morn?  I know that this is going to be a
feta-, spinach- and eggplant-rich event, and it seems that most of the
recipes we've read through seem to favor the white cheeses.
Suggestions?

So far we're going to be doing meat-based beroks for lunch on Saturday,
and rice/feta/spinach beroks with the feast.  A good coucous, chicken
fesanjan (spelling varies according to the sources.  We _will_ have to
get a couple ducks for high table and the cooks - the original duck is
much better than the chicken.) and something else - maybe with venison.
I have access to venison, rather than lamb, which is quite expensive up
here in Alaska.  Not quite the same, but still more flavorful than beef
any day.  Any suggestions for that?

 - Anne