Huevos con salsa- was Re: SC - Turkish Breakfast - OOP

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 07:25:50 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/6/1999 10:21:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
phlip at morganco.net writes:

> It can be. Huevos Con Salsa just means eggs with sauce- I usually use the
>  term salsa to indicate a Mexican chile flavored sauce, as differentiated
>  from garlic sauce, white sauce, etc.
>  Huevos Ranchero is a (more) specific recipe with certain specified
>  ingredients, much like Buffalo Wings are a specific cooking sequence for
>  wings, while Hot Wings might include Buffalo Wings along with a zillion
>  other variants of spiced chicken wings.

Every time I've had Huevos Ranchero around here it's been eggs in sauce with
steak. This may be a regional thang, as the Southeast has never been known as
a bastion of authentic Hispanic/Southwest cooking. Between the two I prefer
Huevos Con Salsa, especially in the summer.

Corwyn