SC - primary sources

Chris morrisc at sitta.uwstout.edu
Mon Jul 12 21:47:19 PDT 1999

I guess I should have said that my dislikes of SCA feasts steams from the fact
that many people who produce feasts need a better understanding of cooking
technique.  I am a chef not a writer forgive my spelling.  Basic techniques like
Sauté, Browning, not burning,  and last but not least Braising.  It would be
nice to see some discussion about these.  If you have the perfect recipe for
Braised Rabbit and all you do is boil it.  Well I am not meaning to come off
evil but, I feel that too much importance is placed on recipe and not on
technique.  After all "flavor" is king.

Aaron DaCook Hawksmoor.

P.S.  Gunther is the one who told me to join.  See Gunther I finally made it.
Maybe next year we will be able to join Ansteorra on the field of battle. :-) I
hate those little faces :-(

Cook