SC - Real feasts?

rhiannon at madcelt.com rhiannon at madcelt.com
Mon Jul 26 04:07:25 PDT 1999

Cariadoc wrote:
> One of the most unrealistic features of SCA feasts is that we charge our
> guests admission; I believe the period model is more like a very large
> dinner party. At Grey Gargoyles for some years we had a tradition of doing
> at least one free feast a year, in part to eliminate that particular
> unrealistic element.

I agree with you one hundred percent.  South Downs has hosed free feasts,
and I personally like the idea.  I'm just not sure that a efst of this scale
will be financially feasible if we _do_ charge for it.  I suspect much will
hinge on our ability to utilize our food resources to their utmost.

Rhiannon C.