SC - Verjuice

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Jul 8 06:31:47 PDT 1999

> for my upcomming feast at steppes artisan 9ansteorra) i'm
> using 2parts apple cider vinegar to one part apple cider.  yes i know, it's
> the easy way out.  if it were for a display/competition piece/dish i'd make
> it from scratch.
>
> voldai

Although this is good advice for someone who has no access to verjuice, if
you live in the Dallas area there is a very easy source of verjuice. I picked
up a half gallon of "Sour Grape Juice" at World Foods on lower Greenville.
Also there are a ton of Middle Eastern and Oriental markets in town that
provides this. It's probably cheaper than the vinegar/cider mix you are
making now.

Why make substitutions when you have access to the real thing?

Yours,

Gunthar