SC - Blue Tortillas

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 18:25:01 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/6/99 11:39:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
snowfire at mail.snet.net writes:

<< Blue tortillas.  I saw a documentary on the TV a few years
             ago that explained that there was a certain New Mexican tribe
 	    (Hopi maybe) that had traditionally cooked blue tortillas,
 	    and on analysis by the anthro people, >>

ROFLMAO! Here is a perfect case of one hand not knowing what the other is
doing. ;-) The anthropologists need only have asked the botanist and they
wouldn't have had to  make up such a preposterous theory. Blue tortillas are
made from blue corn meal which is ground from blue Indian corn. The seeds are
ancient, non-hybrid and can be gotten from any good seed house. ;-)

BTW, My local whole foods store owner literally wet herself from laughing
when I read her the part about the documentary and the 'theory.' Anyway,
thanks for the post. It is a reminder that TV is definitely not the best
source of the 'facts' and also shows that sometimes a professional in any
discipline would do well to at least have some knowledge in other fields that
bear directly on their research.

BTW, the part about them being thin and cooked an a bakestone is accurate.

Ras