oop SC - Re: chili with rice

Helen helen at directlink.net
Sat Jul 24 11:03:32 PDT 1999

Hi,
    It is a cajun's idea to put everything over rice and there are a more few
cajuns that crossed the river into east texas.  My mom is tracking our roots.
The joke here is that you will get teased in Northern states if they think you
are cajun, so in the north don't order your hamburger with rice on it.
    Cajuns had to feed many kids and had good sauces and gravies to eat so
locally grown rice was served under them.  I make my chili with beans too....
double starches, I know but it is so good!   But it tastes nothing like my red
beans and rice but I do use red kidney beans.  Please re-send me your recipe
Mordonna.
    My crazy Aunt was Salone that could kill you with a joke and played booray
till dawn.

Helen