SC - 12th Night event ideas

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jul 24 16:50:43 PDT 1999

Mistress Cedrin Etainnighean asked:
> My apprentices and I are in the enviable (and somewhat daunting) position of
> creating a new annual event out of whole cloth. Our barony has decided to move
> its annual end of the year holiday event from Yule (in December) to 12th Night
> (in January). December is a horrible month to try to find an event site in this
> area but January is wide open. I've been holding a dessert and dance revel as a
> 12th Night alternative in January for the past seven years just so everyone will
> have it lodged in their heads. Now the time has come for that little event to
> become a big one.

December may be a difficult time to get a hall all over the Known World. Here in
Austin, Texas we have been forced to start making reservations more than a year
in advance.

Although you might find some useful food recipes in my Florilegium, I think
you will need to give me some more ideas of the type of foods that you are
interested in before I can recommend any particular file.

In the CELEBRATIONS AND EVENTS section though, these files might have some
useful ideas for you:
12th-nite-msg     (12K)  1/27/99    12th Night celebrations.
holidays-msg      (33K)  8/27/98    Halloween, Samhain, other Medieval holidays.
Yule-msg           (9K)  9/15/98    Yule celebrations.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****