SC - feast help

Rayne and Richard PRIDEelectric at centuryinter.net
Thu Jun 10 22:20:54 PDT 1999

Gwyneth asked:

> My husband and I are going to an event with a group from our shire and I am
> in charge of dessert.  What I want is to make a shield shaped dessert with
> my husband's device which is black and white.
> I thought gingerbread for the black part(bordure with crossed axes and a
> heraldric rose in the middle)with some sort of custard to fill in for the
> white part.  The problem is my gingerbread is mostly brown and I'm not sure
> what kind of custard would be the whitest.

You might want to look through some of the files in the Florilegium and
see if anything looks interesting. These include:
In the FOOD-DECORATED-SWEET:
gingerbread-msg   (39K)  5/25/99    Medieval gingerbread. Recipes.
cookies-msg       (40K)  9/21/98    Period cookies. Recipes.
desserts-msg      (72K)  9/ 3/98    Medieval and SCA dessert recipes. Sweets.
sotelties-msg    (152K)  4/15/99    Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.

In FOOD:
p-fd-coloring-msg (18K)  4/13/99    Period food colorings.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****