SC - food for ill kids

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Jun 12 06:00:09 PDT 1999

I remember being given congee when I was ill when very young, basically rice and
chicken with ginger and garlic...ginger being good for upset stomachs and garlic
being good for the constitution in general-but I liked all of the ingredients when
I was healthy]

How about pizza rolls or bagel bites hors d'oeuvres? I know most all kids love
pizza and if celiac isn't an issue here, it might work. They are small, miniscule
portions and can be cooked 1 or 2 at a time with the balance in the freezer. They
also make mini egg rolls, mini pigs in blankets, mozzarella sticks you can fry up
at home [also jalapena poppers] tyson makes chicken nuggets in a variety of flavers
running from plain, honey bbq to buffalo...

I work for US Foodservice, and we carry many of these products that are normally
only found in restaurants, but I can buy them at cost on fridays, and would be more
than happy to let you know what I have available and get it for you and overnight
it [or some other method if you are closer...]
margali