SC - (OT) food for ill kids

Stapleton, Jeanne jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu
Mon Jun 14 08:41:59 PDT 1999

In a message dated 6/14/99 10:01:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
PRIDEelectric at centuryinter.net writes:

<< So from this explanation the recipe wants "white dripping."  Is my modern
 substitution Crisco???

 Rayne >>

Rendered bacon fat would be my personal choice, followed by rendered salt
pork then lard and finally Crisco. BUT the flavor of the article will be
better and more closely resemble 19th century food flavors if you go with the
meat fats instead of the vegetable shortenings.

Ras