SC - Re: Rendering/Tallow - was help with words

Heitman fiondel at fastrans.net
Tue Jun 15 23:36:32 PDT 1999

> From: Jeannette Taylor <jtaylor at bimcore.emory.edu>
> To: Christine A Seelye-King <mermayde at juno.com>
>
> So Christy, is this sugar paste something one uses to make sugar plates
> and bowls?  Have you tried this or something like it?  Or made such
> things before?  This sounds like it might be interesting (like I need
> something interesting right now).  Can they be painted and can they
> actually be eaten?  I still want to try the blown bubbles of sugar but I
> think that is a different compound .  Alma and I will probably get back
> to that eventually.  Thanks for passing on the information, though, I've
> been reading it.    Jeannette.

I think most of your questions are answered in this file in the FOOD-SWEETS
section of my Florilegium:
sugar-paste-msg   (77K)  9/30/98    Making sugar paste sotelties.

As well as what is in this file on painting sugar-paste, some of the
info in this file in the FOOD section might also be useful:
p-fd-coloring-msg (18K)  4/13/99    Period food colorings.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****