SC - Children's Cooking Classes

Mike Young uther at lcc.net
Mon Jun 21 09:09:04 PDT 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> << For the past few years the cottage cheese that I
>  have been purchasing (no matter what brand) is so "liquidy".  So much so
>  that I have to strain it
>  in cheese cloth before using it.  Now it doesn't matter if it is "old"
>  or brand-new just off the dairy truck. >>
>
> This may not be an option for you but some of the more expensive proprietary
> brands still have the taste and consistency of good old fashioned cottage
> cheese. Two of these are Breakstone and Stonecreek with Breakstone being my
> current favorite.

We don't have Breakstone up here in the Ozark Mountains where I live [we don't
have much of anything :-)   ]  BUT I do remember that a few months ago I stopped
into a Large city grocery and picked up Breakstone's individual cottage cheese
containers and the consistency was perfect.  Then I went back and picked up a
tub...it was much better than up here, but still more liquid than the little
containers had.

Thanks to all for the info.  Now I know why...while I keep on straining.

Rayne