SC - OT - RE Rice wine

Michelle "TJ" Brunzie mbrunzie at dba-sw.com
Mon Jun 28 19:43:02 PDT 1999

Greetings from a Lurker,

While looking through Eleanor Fettiplace's Cookbook I ran into an interesting
and unusual way of making jam, involving a sugar syrup cooked until it
candies, onto which the fruit pulp is pored.  I said neat, filed the idea
away, returned the book to the library--
and now, of course, as I scramble do Strawberry jam before the end of the
season, I can find neither a similar recipie in any other source I can get my
hands on, nor a copy of the Fettiplace book.  Has anyone tried this with
strawberries, do you know the proportions of sugar:water:fruit, or at least
could some kind soul post the text?

Yours,
Alethea