Baps (was SC - Bhuna Prawn and Puri)

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Jun 18 05:11:30 PDT 1999

Elysant said:

<< > Baps are what we call bread rolls like kayser (sp?) or hard rolls in
 > Britain.
 >
 > e.g. chicken bap, salad bap, ham and cheese bap etc.  Never heard them
 > served
 > for breakfast though! >>

I wonder if baps being *hard* rolls is a regional thing?  When I was in
England on an exchange about 15 years ago, some of the meals included baps,
and they were soft, like the hamburger rolls you get at most fast food places
- - in fact, that's what they reminded me of most.  I don't remember
specifically where we were when we had them, but we spent a couple of days in
London, took a brief coach tour (I remember stopping at Stratford on Avon and
in Edinburgh), and spent most of the rest of the time in Sunderland, on the
North Sea, realtively near the Scottish border.

Brangwayna