SC - Weird Scottish Recipe Titles

Terri Millette wayspiff at ici.net
Tue Jun 22 13:14:56 PDT 1999

As we've been talking recently about Scottish recipes for Baps, Here, by
courtesy of Nanna is Iceland, are a list of weird sounding Scottish recipe
titles.  I was wondering if you guys would like to hazzard a guess at what
on earth these recipes might be? ;-)

>Clootie Dumpling-some sort of bioled pudding?

>Cullen Skink- haddock

>Forfar Bridies- steak pies

>Potted Hough- a sort of meat gelitin ?

>Stovies- potatoes with onion

these are the only ones I could answer and I'm not sre they're right,
a scots american friend of mine used to like to experiment- sometimes
it worked, and sometimes............ughhhhhh!!!!!!
Fiona