SC - another- Bhuna Prawn and Puri

Rayne and Richard PRIDEelectric at centuryinter.net
Thu Jun 10 22:57:07 PDT 1999

>From Rayne (again)  I just found this recipe.  Maybe it is closer....

FIERY SHRIMP CURRY
Yield: 4 servings

      2    Lemon grass stalks; -OR- 2 ts -Lemon zest
      2    Shallots; minced
      3    Garlic cloves; minced
      2 ts Fresh ginger, grated
      2 ts Coriander seeds
      6    Yellow or green chilies -(minced)
    1/2 c  Fresh kaffir lime leaves -(minced),  -OR- 1 ts -Lime zest
      1 ts Honey
    1/2 c  Unsweetened coconut milk
      1 lb Shrimp; peeled
      2 ts Canola oil
    1/2 c  Lime juice
    1/4 c  Mirin or white wine
    1/2 ts Salt

  PREP TIME: 15 minutes   COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
  1. Remove tough outer leaves and ends of lemon grass
  and discard. Coarsely chop lemon grass.
  2. Combine lemon grass, shallots, garlic, ginger,
  coriander, chilies, cilantro, kaffir leaves, honey and
  coconut milk in a food processor and puree until
  smooth. 3. Heat oil in a large skillet and saute
  shrimp until opaque, about 5 minutes.  Add lime juice,
  mirin, salt and lemon grass mixture to shrimp.
  Continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp are done.
  Per serving: 276 calories, 10.6 g fat, 34% calories
  from fat, 173 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber.