SC - ulp! I've been volunteered-Bread & Butter

Melanie Wilson MelanieWilson at compuserve.com
Thu Jun 24 23:49:58 PDT 1999

I did a bread making class with some, I cheated a bit as all the rising etc
would be a bit much and got the pre mix rise once brown bread mix. Each
made a small loaf and we baked it, it can be done in a open fire peasant
type over (like my great gran used) eg a metal bowl upturned over a
griddle. My 2 boys 12/13 cook all our bread this way(they do the proper
method !) when we go on displays, and even my youngest at 2 likes kneading.
I also take various grains & flours for the kids to look at and a quern
grinder if possible. Few have a real idea of where bread comes from & it
works really well. Where refrigiration is possible I take cream (part
churned or whatever depending on time & let them pat this or churn it so
they can eat their own bread & butter.

It is very popular

Mel