SC - Dry Site Issues

Robin Carrollmann harper at idt.net
Tue Mar 2 12:31:34 PST 1999

>Hello!  I was in the Treasury room of York Minster cathedral a few days
>ago.  They had many covered goblets on display that had been donated to the
>church by various parishoners.  The covers were made of silver or pewter &
>were 'platens', or small plates. They did not seem to be attached in any
>way. The odd thing was how plain most of the goblets & covers were.  Except
>for perhaps an engraved dedication, many were completely un-ornamented.
>
>HTH,
>

>Cindy

Thanks, Cindy, but I'm specifically looking for fabric covers. I've
committed the unforgivable sin of making something _before_ I researched
it, and now I'm trying to do some backwards documentation. Even if I don't
manage to find the evidence I'm looking for, I still have some nifty
doodads. I plan to use them either way.

BTW- I'm envious of your visit to York Minster  ;-)

- -Margritte

Gryphon's Moon - 14K Gold & Silver Celtic rings and more!
We now accept VISA & MasterCard to make your shopping easier!

Check out our web site at: <http://www.gryphonsmoon.com>
Or email us at <mailto:sales at gryphonsmoon.com>