SC - viking cookery

Jeannette Henderson aviendha1 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 3 07:27:32 PST 1999

> > Rubus procerus, commonly called the Himalayan blackberry
>
> Thanks, Bear.
> I'm glad someone besides myself knows what a "Himalay" is.
>
> Mordonna

I can't say that I "know" them.  I know a little bit about them and have
seen the very bad photographs.  I think they may be the blackberry
Adamantius was mentioning.

They were named by Luther Burbank, who thought they were from the Himalayas,
shortly after their original importation into the US.  Apparently the
original intent was to use them in hybridization.  They have since become a
cultivated species with volunteers showing up in some western US ecosystems
as invasive nuisance.

Bear