SC - Dairy Products (long) - was: Bread and Circuses, was: Citrus Fruit ...

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Mar 9 13:59:12 PST 1999

At 6:50 AM -0500 3/9/99, Tollhase1 at aol.com wrote:
>Thanks for the information.  What are the other sources?  I know of two
>reference librarians in our area whom are SCA cooks.  I am certain that they
>would be glad to help you look for the sources at their libraries.  This Fall
>I will have access to OSU library rescues also.

Kshema-Kutuhala: A treatise on cookery and dieteticks (verse), by Kshema
Sarma, Indian, 1448 A.D., Sanskrit w. Hindi tr.

Pak(h)asastra, Pachakachinta mani (Malayalam) Pachaca Chandamony by
Velu-Pillai, N. Sanskrit 4th c., tr. into Teloogoo by Sarasvati Bai, into
Enlgish by C.V. Ramasawmy.
(I think the multiple titles represent different language versions, but am
not sure).

The second is the only one I have located that is supposed to exist in an
English translation. But if I could get a Sanskrit or Hindi version of the
first, I could start looking for translators.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University
ddfr at best.com