SC - Kosher Food Laws

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Mar 16 10:23:03 PST 1999

I'm trying to figure out something about the mushroom recipe
that Menagier has in the pastry section. The Pichon translation
says

   CHAMPIGNONS d'une nuit sont les meilleurs, et sont
   petits et vermeils dedans, clos dessus...

Which, I believe, translates roughly to the English

   MUSHROOMS of one night are the best, and are small
   and red inside, closed above...

When it says "of one night" what does that mean? Does it refer
only to when you picked them? For example, I picked
mushrooms last night, prepared them today, and baked them in
a pastry today.

Or does it refer to the when the preparation should start? For
example, I picked mushrooms and prepared them last night,
putting them in the pastry today and baking them.

This last idea would be somewhat akin to marinating them I
think and is, in fact, what I ended up doing (mostly because I
was pressed for time).

jasmine, jasmine at infoengine.com