SC - My feast menu and recipes for your use and consideration

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 16 10:22:27 PST 1999

upsxdls at Okstate.edu wrote:

> Gertraud,  my favorite preserving book, "Putting Food By" has a section
> describing preserving eggs using isinglass (sp?).  It seemed pretty simple.  If
> you're interested, I'll bring it to work and post it for you.

I think the isinglass referred to is in fact sodium silicate, as opposed
to the isinglass processed from internal organs of the sturgeon, used as
brewing finings and for gelatin, etc.

> Leanna of Sparrowhaven
> (Who is reluctantly staying on her egg, sausage and baconless diet)

I know how difficult that can be, being on a sort of whole-grain regimen
myself. But surely with the eggs and the sausage you can manage without
the bacon, no? Oh. Wait...I see what you mea...uh oh...sorry!

Adamantius, diving for the -- any kippers under that rock?
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com