SC - St. Joseph's Day

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Mar 17 19:03:37 PST 1999

Marilyn Traber wrote:

> SFINGI DI SAN GIUSEPPE
> (Saint Joseph Cream Puffs)
>
> but are these zeppolis?

The zeppoles I'm familiar with are deep-fried doughnuts made of
unsweetened high-gluten bread dough (i.e. leftover bread or pizza dough)
pinched off in vaguely ball-shaped pieces (and sometimes like the nose
of Zeppo Marx). While still warm they are sprinkled with powdered sugar
and served.

Whether that is the definitive, classic version or just something New
York pizzerias foist off on an unsuspecting public, I couldn't say.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com